Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike. -John Muir

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Best Zucchini Bread Ever


I haven't posted anything in a long time due to moving and travel and being lame.  And I feel doubly guilty because I promised Kurt that I would post recipes for him to make delicious food with his CSA bounty.  Lies, all lies.  So to keep my promise (kind of), I know one of the vegetables I got the most when I had a CSA was zucchini.  By the end of the summer it feels like you are practically bathing in zucchini.  This recipe is for the absolute perfect zucchini bread.  So yummy, so moist.  This recipe is guaranteed to make boys/girls fall in love with you.  No really, baking tasty food will make people love you... okay fine, I ate both loaves all by myself.


This recipe is for one loaf, but I always double it because one zucchini is usually 2 cups when grated.

Preheat Oven to 325 F and Spray 8" loaf pan.

Combine Dry Ingredients:
1.5 cup flour
.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg

Combine Wet Ingredients:
1 egg
.33 cup veg oil
.33 cup chunky apple sauce
2 tbsp plain yogurt
.75 cup brown sugar

Combine Wet and Dry

Fold in:
1 cup zucchini (grated)
.33 cup raisins/dried cranberries
.33 cup walnuts* (coarsely chopped)

*optional


 Bake 50-60 min or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment